A quick note: I almost fell off the exam table yesterday I was so excited to have my doctor tell me that I was 3cm and she wanted to set up an induction for Monday morning!! I still really don't contract, and only have some occasional mild cramping- lucky, yes I know. I have had such an easy pregnancy- I would say textbook, but it's been much better than that- so it's hard for me to believe I have dilated that much without a little more discomfort. Don't get me wrong- my belly feels like it's going to pop, I can barely sleep at night, and my pelvis has started to ache all the time. But really, it's not as bad as I feared. Maybe that's it- I have just been exposed to too many pregnant women over the past couple years and it just does not seem as bad as they all made it out to be. That, or I am just that lucky!
So, if our little guy decides not to come sooner, I'm being induced Monday. That means I will join the small percentage of women who actually deliver on their due dates. Yay!! Jess and I have been going nuts with the anticipation, so we are thrilled our 9 month wait is almost over and we will soon meet our son!!
7 comments:
Oh yeah, the wait is almost over! I'm so happy for you!
Woot Woot!
It sounds like you are in the same situation I was in (3 cm before I was induced). I hope your labor goes much faster than mine did though! (20 hours, including 2 1/2 hours of pushing! UGH!) Good luck Melissa and have fun!
Yay! Can't wait to hear all about it and see pictures of your little guy. Good luck!
I guess I am part of that small percentage of women because Makayla was born on her due date and she came on her own (thankfully!)
yay!! I am so excited for you!!
Yay! I'm so excited for you, Melissa! I'm glad you had such a great pregnancy (and you look great, by the way!). I felt the same way about mine and kept thinking that it meant I had to have a bad L/D because, you know, the nurse curse and such. But no! I had a fabulous Labor and Delivery and so I know you will too!!! Have fun on Monday! It is such an amazing experience and it will change the way you feel about your job forever! Being an L&D nurse is pretty awesome but being a mommy is even better! Have fun meeting your little guy! I'll be thinking about you!
good luck tomorrow! i can't wait to see pictures of you new baby!
Post a Comment