Here's a couple of pictures from things we did in June. Caden is still his wonderful, happy self, even though he currently has vomiting/diarrhea and has two teeth coming in. I'm waiting for him to one day snap out of his perfection and actually act like a normal child. That, or we are in for an awful sibling. Either way, we are enjoying every minute of what we've got!The teething started...well, we don't really know when. Last week I was randomly feeling in his mouth, thinking to myself "You're 7 1/2 months old buddy. When is this teething thing going to start?" when I came across a tooth that he had already cut! Wow, when did that happen? A couple of days later, we saw its twin starting to come. Now we are just waiting for that second one to emerge.

Here are Jess and I on a dinner cruise on Lake Michigan. Purdue hosted a large international PhD symposium, and his lab was very involved with the week-long event. He was glad when it was over, but he sure ate well throughout the week! This cruise was the closing event for the conference, so we drove up to Chicago to enjoy a beautiful night on the water. The lab also covered a hotel room in a 4-star hotel on the water, so we couldn't turn that up. We ended up leaving Caden with some friends in Lafayette, so Caden had his first overnight without Mom and Dad, and we spent 24 hours away. Everything went well, but I was losing it by the end and was ready to come home to Caden.
A random shot of Caden sleeping. It was just so funny because his legs were sticking out one side, and his arm on the other. Now he usually sleeps on his side or tummy and manages to keep his limbs inside the crib.

At the Fiddler's Gathering. In Battleground, IN (just north of us) they have an annual festival where bluegrass/fiddlers bands get together to play. We just went for a couple of hours on a Saturday afternoon to enjoy the music.


They had these yummy smoothies that were just fruit and ice, so we could help Caden stay cool in the 90 degree weather (plus who knows how high the humidity was). He loved drinking from the straw, but if we didn't watch, he would blow out first and shoot the smoothie out of the straw and onto us.

Work is still going well. It is a MUCH slower, smaller hospital than UVRMC, so things are just different. I'm staying on orientation until into August, mostly because I just haven't had enough variety yet to get some of the experiences I need to be on my own (aka I have done one "normal" delivery, and it was 45 min into my first shift). I still maintain that the charting system is horrid, but I can deal with it for one shift a week, and the ability to take off for two weeks without having to request vacation leave.
Speaking of leave, I will be in Utah July 19-30th, so for any who will be in Utah during that time and would like to get together, I would love to see anyone who is around!
1 comment:
I love your cruise dress - and can't wait to see you when you stop by. And hey - you'll be here for Pioneer Day weekend - wanna go to a street dance. :)
Post a Comment