We were very spoiled to have my mom come visit this past week. I just started my new job and had to spend the entire week in New Employee Orientation (Oh man, I thought it was bad the first time I had to go through this. When you've already been a nurse and you are hired into the same field, it's infinitely more boring). Luckily, Caden started taking a bottle without a fuss two days before orientation, so he and Grandma got to spend a lot of quality time together while mom was at work. Caden handled everything so well and I was extremely grateful!! Unfortunately for my mom, we didn't get the chance to do anything fun since I worked the whole time she was here. Hopefully next time it will be better!
Grandma and Caden, all smiles after a week together

Our family at one of our favorite places to eat- McAlister's Deli. Caden's starting to be hard to eat out with, because he won't stay in his carrier but he's too small for the restaurant high chairs (he squirms around until he's falling out the sides- the seatbelt does nothing for him)

We went to a U-pick strawberry farm this weekend and picked 15 lbs of strawberries in just 20 minutes or so. It was too hot to go any longer and we didn't really realized how much we had until we brought them home and thought "What are we going to do with all of these?" I can already taste the yummy smoothies we'll be enjoying this summer!


The pool in our complex opened up today, so we had to go for a test swim. The water wasn't that cold, but compared to the air it was, so Caden was hesitant for awhile. Once we eased him in, he had a grand time splashing himself in the face.
2 comments:
Your profile picture is DARLING! And Caden is getting so grown up and big! I hope you like your new job. You will have to do a post after you start about how it is going.
That's a lot of smoothies - but definitely doable.
Post a Comment