Thursday, May 13, 2010

Sitting

Just for the sake of a newer picture of Caden, here's our big boy sitting up. He has been sitting for awhile, but now he sits on his own long enough that we don't always have to put a pillow behind him for fall cushioning. He's rolling and moving, and next week we'll see how much he's grown.

Also, for those that didn't hear, I got a job in Labor and Delivery at one of the local hospitals here in Lafayette! It's a PRN position, meaning I'm only required 48 hours in 6 weeks. That's not even a 12hr shift a week! I'm beyond thrilled about the PRN aspect of the job. It is a much smaller and slower hospital than the one I came from, so hopefully it is a nice break from mommying. I'm looking forward to scheduled "adult" time every so often (especially since it's only every so often!). I love being a nurse and am so grateful that I have this opportunity to continue working to keep up my skills and license while still being a full-time mom to my little boy.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Ooh - that's my dream to be PRN... we shall see if it happens.

Cami and Mitch said...

how exciting! that is my dream too. you will have to let us know how you like it. Sitting up is my favorite skill for babies to learn! They can just sit there and play with their toys and not go anywhere...its awesome! :)

Michelle said...

He is so big and cute! Good job Caden!

And congrats on the job! That is exciting that you can still go and not have to go too often. Yay!

Rachel said...

That pic is sooo cute! Also, congrats on the L&D job!

Kristin said...

Congratulations! PRN is also my dream. How did you land it? Okay, Caden is soo cute. I love his dark hair and eyes!

Julie said...

congrats Mel!I'm so glad it will work out for you.

Jake said...

That kid is adorable. Almost cute enough to want another one?

We miss you guys!

Camille said...

Congrats. Glad you'll get some work time in. You ARE a great nurse!