Jess and I just bought his crib, the first of our major purchases, and I am looking forward to my parents flying out the end of this week. Not only do we get to hang out in Chicago for a couple days, but I will have my mom's help in getting sewing done for the nursery. With all this, it is becoming very real to both Jess and I that we have a baby coming soon! We are so thrilled that he will be coming soon, but we are also realistically enjoying our last weeks of "freedom." This past weekend we enjoyed hanging out with a number of new friends, scheduling ourselves to the max, knowing it won't be quite the same afterward.
We are loving it (for the most part) so far in Indiana. It was a hard transition for me for the first week or so, but that was mostly because I went from working full time to sitting around our new apartment with no outside demands on my time. We have made countless friends already and are so glad there are many other grad student couples that have recently moved to Indiana from other places in the country that are in similar situations as us.
6 comments:
Yes, live it up while you can. Because soon enough you will be working around your baby's schedule. It is worth it though - the best thing ever!
Good luck with the transition. I am sure you are doing much better than I would.
I too remember the excitement of getting to 34 weeks. Congrats! I will not say "it will go by fast from here," because for the pregnant woman, it never does! But it will be so worth it. I finally feel settled here in San Diego, but it was an adjustment for me too, and even though I was only working 1 day a week, AND I had a newborn at home, it still felt weird not to have work at all. I want to hear more about Indiana - I have no idea what it's like out there!
Melissa you look SO good! I felt so bad that I wasn't able to make it to your shower. Anna was sick. When you come to Utah I will need to give you your gift. Anyway Provo misses the both of you!
Melissa, you look great! I hope that you are more comfortable than I was at that point :) I am glad that you are loving Indiana and that you finally got your piano! We miss you
Yeah - life does change, but the craziness of the new baby will eventually melt into a routine. You look good and enjoy the next few weeks.
I'm glad that you are enjoying Indiana. I have friends that live there and they love it. Good luck over the next couple weeks
Post a Comment