Sunday, August 10, 2008

Quick Update

Most will already know this, but Jess and I went through the heartwrenching experience of miscarrying a couple of weeks ago. I was 13 weeks pregnant, and the baby still had a heartbeat even a couple of hours before I actually miscarried. It's pretty crummy to make it through the entire 1st trimester, to have this little life within you for three months, to lose it in just a couple of hours time. We are so grateful for all of the support we have received. After all that I have gone through, my heart aches to watch the losses that I see at work every week. I have seen the entire spectrum, and know that although Jess and are both having to go through the grieving process, there are greater pains. I feel so lucky for wonderful friends and family. Even now it brings tears to my eyes to think of what was done in our behalf. Although my heart still hurts, we are both doing well now.

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh Mel, I am so sorry. I wish that I could have been there to help. I am glad that you are doing better. Please know that you can call me if you need have someone to talk to. Love you! Love, Michelle

Kristen said...

I'm sorry Melissa, I was so excited for you to be pregnant and I know you were too. I'm sure it is a difficult experience to go through, especially after the excitement that comes after making it through the first trimester. I hope you continue to feel better. You'll be in my prayers.

Michelle said...

I realized last night as I was going to bed that I forgot to include a note for Jess. We are thinking of BOTH of you, and I know it wasn't an easy time. We miss you guys and will talk to you later!

Morgan said...

melissa! first of all, I am SO sorry about your miscarriage. nate told me about it a couple weeks ago, and i didn't know what to say, but my heart ached for you both. i'm glad to hear you are doing a little better, even though I can't even imagine how hard that would be. hopefully it won't be long til you can have a little bundle of joy.

i'm so glad i found your blog. i hope you don't mind if i check in every once in awhile. i will have to read and catch up!

Blake and Laura said...

Melissa,
I am so sorry. I just want you to know we're thinking of you and your family is in our prayers.

The Wilson Family said...

I love you Melissa! I am sorry to hear that you had a miscarriage, thanks for posting, I know it can be hard to tell everyone.

P.S. I love your new red shoes, I have always wanted some too.

Anonymous said...

Melissa! I am so sorry to hear about this. If you need anything, let us know!

Anonymous said...

Melissa--
Ohh, I am so very sorry for your loss. I know you were so excited. PLease let me know if there is anything I can do for you!

Tara said...

Melissa -
I saw your blog on Michelle's so I thought I would stop by. So sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I miscarried at the end of my first trimester during my first pregnancy, too. It is tough. You are definitely in my prayers. Let me know if you ever want to talk.

P.S. LOVE the red shoes. I might have to get myself a pair!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mel,
I'm so sorry to hear about the miscarriage. Thanks for you openess. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you or Jess.

I found your blog through reading michelle's blog;Im so glad I found you!! I have a blog too and would love to invite you. Just send me an e-mail!

Holly June said...

Hey Melissa!! It's Holly from nursing school and thanks to our nursing e-mail group, I found your blog! I'm so sorry to hear about the miscarriage. We actually went through the same thing this summer, so I can empathize with how hard it is to go through, especially when the whole world seems to be pregnant or having no difficulties with healthy pregnancies. Hopefully you'll be able to get pregnant again soon and be blessed with a healthy baby. I'm thinking of you and praying for you. Hang in there! :)