Friday, September 9, 2011

Eli Benjamin Rose is here!


I'll post the longer story later, but our beautiful little boy is here! Born on September 8th at 12:17 am via c-section, Eli was 8lbs 15 oz and 22 inches long (NOT such a little baby, although the doctor did only say "He probably won't be 9lbs). He has his daddy's long limbs and super long toes, his hair is not as dark as his brother's, and we can't tell on the eyes yet. He is so sweet and has fussed once in his first almost 48 hours of life- we'll see how it goes once he finally "wakes up". I'm feeling quite good all things considered and we are just overjoyed to get to cuddle with our baby boy. Caden so far loves his "Baby Eyi"and wants to hold and kiss him with all the vigor of an almost two year old. Hopefully he'll quickly learn the meaning of "gentle". Here are just a couple of pictures:

Mommy and baby in the PACU- I felt WAY better than after having Caden and was able to breastfeed when Eli was only 45 min old.

Our new little family of four the next morning

Grandpa Watts playing tug of war with Caden (with Eli being the rope) as Caden tries to pick up and carry off Eli
Caden loves to hug baby Eli

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Super Congratulations! I like Eli's name, and I really like the last picture you posted. Hope your recovery is great!

The Broderick Family Blog said...

It soon nice to see the photos of Caden hugging Eli. Congrats you guys.

PS Little Miss Claire has Jess's toes too. I don't know how that happened. They are SO long!

Michelle said...

Congrats guys!! He is so cute! I am glad that all is working out and that you are settled somewhat in Cincinnati. :)

I am apparently behind on your blog, but so glad to see all you guys have been up to. :)

Kerry said...

Congrats!! He looks like Jess to me:) Hope it's great.

Camber said...

He's beautiful! I love the picture of Caden hugging him. That's too bad you had to have another C-section but I guess it's also good that C-sections are an option these days. Congrats!