Thursday, June 9, 2011

Hurry up and wait!

While Jess is very diligently finishing his thesis and preparing for his defense on the 20th, Caden and I are staying busy trying to get ready for our move to Cincinnati. Much of the work we can't do yet, but we just barely got the go-ahead to sign a lease and arrange for moving our belongings (let's sum up a global, 400,000+ employee company with one word: bureaucracy). We had a couple of good laughs yesterday as we were seeking information for our lease and using all sorts of methods to gather that info. I did find through Craigslist that the curtains I hung in our kitchen in an old Provo apt are still up and going strong!

Caden was a trooper for our trip to Cincinnati to find housing, and I can only hope that he continues to be his happy, easy-going self as we pack up and move. Besides the fact that I am hitting the 3rd trimester now and starting to feel uncomfortable, I'm doing just fine. In fact, I have high hopes that this baby will not be a 9 pounder like his brother. I'm just not as big as I was with Caden (I've only gained 6 lbs so far at 28 weeks) so as long as things continue like this, I'm dreaming of high 7's.

The last week of June we will leave what we now consider home in Indiana and head south to Cincinnati. I am the most sad about leaving our ward here. I get to be around so many awesome women and have so many opportunities for fun/socialization/playdates. I will miss my morning aerobics and playgroups and storytime and impromptu playdates! I know we will soon find great opportunities and people in Cincinnati, but it won't be quite the same. I feel as if I'm having to grow up a little bit more and not rely on my friends so much. Sigh. It had to happen one day. At least now Jess should be home in the evenings and on weekends and I won't be working weekends anymore so we will get significantly more family time than we have over the past year or so. Maybe if I ever remember to pull the camera out anymore then I will post some pictures of Caden! Just know that he is as cute as ever as he gets older and becomes much more of a toddler!

No comments: