Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Our August

This month has been one of discovering new things for our little man. He's been doing an army crawl for since the beginning of July, but he is faster and more coordinated. His belly still drags on the ground, which we don't blame him for (he's only gotten chunkier over the last couple of weeks). He is into most everything, and automatically races towards plugs, papers, and anything else he's not supposed to have. He pulls himself up on everything (even though he can't get himself in a sitting position yet), and we had to move his crib down to the lowest level. To this point, each of his new discoveries has been exciting for me as his mom, but moving his crib down felt a lot harder than it should. Anytime I'm on the floor, Caden is crawling all over me and pulling himself up, usually to try to climb over me onto the couch (which he can do with only a little boost). His new discoveries on top of his top two teeth coming in and a nasty cold made for some interesting days and nights, but I think we are better than ever now!

Here's Caden playing with Ted, Jess's childhood teddybear, who has quite the history (and is a pretty sad, depressed-looking bear if I do say so myself). We recently gave Caden Ted 2, a much happier version of the original that he cuddles with at bedtime.

Soon after Caden started crawling more, I had come out from the bathroom and couldn't find Caden right away. Lo and behold, here he was!

Our friends Anthony and Jana Garrett stopped by on their cross-country move to Maryland. Zoe and Caden are one month apart, but I'm pretty certain Caden is literally twice her size!

Caden loves to walk around holding my fingers. Here he is walking around with Daddy's bike helmet on. Maybe we should find him one his size...

Caden is figuring out how to open cupboards and drawers, so his baby food is now an awesome source of entertainment while Mom works in the kitchen!

3 comments:

The Broderick Family Blog said...

He is growing up so fast. Before you know it, he'll be walking. We miss you guys.

Taylor said...

I think that bear is so sad by being hung so many times by Boyd. I'm glad you got him a happy bear.

Rachel said...

He has such a cute, cheerful, pudgy smile!