Saturday, March 6, 2010

Walks and Daddy/Son bonding

We have been enjoying some balmy 45 degree weather in Indiana, so walks have become our new favorite past time. Caden still has to bundle up, but he loves sitting in his carrier and watching everything as we walk through the neighborhood. He kicks his little legs and flails his arms in excitement as he coos at everything and everyone. I'm always grateful when Jess can go on the walks, because Caden gets heavy VERY fast these days.
Caden, bundled up for our walks
Apparently, he was done with outside, because he was snoring away in his carrier

When we can't go outside, Caden enjoys daddy's shoulders inside. He's grabbing Jess's ear in the picture, and will often grab Jess's hair and try to put it in his mouth

Not only does Caden take walks with daddy, he now will eat with him too!! Caden successfully took a bottle today, and we are beyond thrilled, especially because practically no tears were shed and he downed that bottle in no time flat! It does seem a little counter intuitive when Jess is feeding Caden in one room and I am pumping in another, but now I feel like I can leave the boys to themselves without stressing about Caden's needs. Hooray!

2 comments:

The Broderick Family Blog said...

He's growing up fast. Jess, I don't know for sure. I'm looking at Ohio State this Sunday. I didn't look into Purdue yet because their deadline isn't solid. Do you like it there? It's hard because I just got back from Wisconsin, and that place didn't really feel like the right place for me.

Julie said...

Caden is just so adorable and he's getting so big!