Monday, March 25, 2013

Neuschwanstein

 Look at me go! Two in one day!

Back in February we were in Munich for 5 days. One of our day trips included Fussen and the famous Neuschwanstein castle. It was actually a sunny day, which was a pleasant surprise and nice change from all the clouds and snow.

Our first glimpse of the castle, taken through a bus window.
The village at the base of the castles

 Jess and I, pre-hike up the mountain. Both boys were asleep in strollers.
 Hohenschwangau, the "other" castle. This was the actual functional, lived-in castle. Neuschwanstein was never finished because of King Ludwig's death and he only resided in it somewhere between 100-200 days.
 The lake at the base of the castles. Looked like an untouched field itching for a snowball fight to us.

 Random picture of me and the boys on the train. I think this was actually on the way home to Nuremberg from Munich.

1 comment:

The Broderick Family Blog said...

WOW! Those are some sweet pictures! It looks like quite the adventure over there. I'm glad you guys are making the most of it! And man, your boys are cute! I would love to get Claire and Eli together again to do another side-by-side.
We miss you guys!