Tuesday, January 1, 2013

First month in Germany

Melissa has been telling me that I needed to blog for days now so I guess this is my attempt...Ok well maybe not maybe that is just my subconscious telling me that we need to be better at getting pictures to family/friends.  I hope you enjoy the snapshot of our first month here in Germany.  It has been a good month so far and we are enjoying ourselves as I hope the pictures show. 



Jess and Eli in front of one of the many Cathedrals in Nuremberg (I am pretty sure this is St. Sebald)  This is Eli's favored mode of transportation around the city.


Caden in front of part of the Kaiserberg Castle in Nuremberg.  I am not sure how many funny smiles we will be able to capture, but this kid has a lot of them.  This picture was taken on Christmas day as we walked around a mostly empty city on a beautiful day.

Another Christmas day picture with Melissa and Eli below the castle in Nuremberg.  Eli is just starting to smile on command.

Dad and the boys in front of part of the castle in Nuremberg. 

Melissa with St. Sebald in the background.  There is a lookout from the castle in Nuremberg where you can see the entire old city. 

Melissa and the boys with the Nuremberg Christmas market in the background.  Even though the market was closed this day the boys loved being out and walking around.  This is another picture with Eli smiling on command. 

The old city hall in Bamberg, Germany.  This was our first day trip of our time in Germany and the boys did surprisingly well.  This will be the first of hopefully many day trips around Bavaria.

Someone LOVES German pretzels!!!!!!!!!

Jess and Caden at the Nuremberg train museum.

The family at the children's section of the Nuremberg Christmas market.  Eli is obviously tired and cold, but the atmosphere was amazing. 

3 comments:

Allison and Boyd said...

Love it! Looks like you guys are having so much fun!

Camber said...

Man, it looks so gorgeous over there. I can't believe there are really castles out there. They seem so...strictly fairytale, not real-life. What an amazing adventure, even though it sounds like a huge adjustment. Great pictures :)

The Broderick Family Blog said...

What a great adventure! Looks like you guys are having a great time! Keep the pictures coming. :)
And...I LOVE Eli's curly hair! It is so so cute!