Friday, October 12, 2012

5 weeks and counting

...until we move to Germany, that is. Aaahh!

I'm filled with excitement, joy and anticipation as well as anxiety, fear and stress when I think about our move. Mostly everything that goes along with the move. Luckily, my husband is incredible and actually (i'm not lying here) ENJOYS packing. Well, he enjoys the challenge of arranging all of our stuff so that it fits perfectly in the smallest space possible. He's always proud of himself whenever we have leftover boxes that we used on a previous move. So, I'm not allowed to pack because of my extreme lack of spatial coordinated-ness (you get what I mean). Instead, I take care of the things that don't require 3-D modeling skills. Such as drive downtown to pay money to the State of Georgia so that they can stamp our documents we had to have translated and notarized, saying that the notary is a recognized notary. Yep, that was my morning today. 

So, I should backlog and put up all sorts of pictures from the time since I last blogged. Not going to happen. I've enjoyed not blogging or even looking at blogs for a couple of months. I don't spend much time on it anyway, but I do like to put up photos for those that do peek in on us every once in a while. Here's the brief update:

  • Eli is one! 28lbs, 32 inches, 19 inch head= huge. But you're not surprised, are you? He's just holding steady. 
  • Caden is almost 100% potty trained. I say 'almost' mostly because I still have to assist in certain things. We put him in a diaper or pull-up at night, but he hasn't woken up wet literally in months. Not sure why we still do it- probably because we cherish our sleep too much to want to deal with night time hysterics and a wet bed in the middle of the night. 
  • We are working on making the boys true roommates (i.e. putting them in the same room at night while still awake). Still very much a work in progress...
  • Jess is counting down the days til we move. Let's just say, he won't miss certain things about our time here (and it has nothing to do with Georgia). 
  • Like I said, I vacillate between anticipation and anxiety as I prepare for our next move. 
We spent a gorgeous day at the park yesterday- Sunny, 70's, faint breeze, fall colors starting to come out- I won't miss the hot muggy Summer, but Fall has been amazing so far.

Here are a couple of pictures from the last couple months.


Our Family in San Francisco in August for my brother Robby's wedding

Caden and Mommy in front of the LDS Temple in Oakland, CA where Uncle Robby was married.
Daddy and Eli on his birthday at our favorite park.

Mommy and Eli

He regularly climbs and gets stuff off the counters, out of drawers, etc. Everything that he shouldn't be able to reach yet.


In case you're wondering, yes the curls are still there and going strong.

Some friends took us to the Atlanta Botanical Gardens and I played around with the camera a bit between running after the boys.


Want them to sit still? Feed them.

1 comment:

Camber said...

Man, just the word "notary" makes my blood pressure rise--why are they always such a hassle? Eli is extra cute in his chunkiness. Good luck with packing and your exciting move! I hope you eat some German chocolate for me over there. Also I hope you move back to Cincinnati in the end :)