Thursday, August 4, 2011

Boyd and Allison come to visit

Our friends Boyd and Allison came down from Cleveland to spend the weekend with us, and it was so much fun! Allison took lots of great pictures, which I hopefully will post later. We played games, went to the Museum Center, and went to a Reds game. The game ended up being a lot of fun, despite the heat and the issues we had with tickets. We got there, expecting there to be plenty of tickets. Oh no, all they had were "standing room only" tickets for $5. Standing room only?! I'd never heard of that kind of ticket, and thought it was a pretty silly idea. Jess reasoned that there would be open seats somewhere and it was worth $10 to gamble on finding some seats. I already was sweating buckets and didn't like the idea of scouring a full stadium for some seats only to get kicked out by the seat owners 10 minutes later. Not my idea of fun, I must admit. And standing, 35 weeks pregnant with a toddler, trying to watch a baseball game? Ha! So Jess wins, and we go inside the stadium. There were TONS of seats! All four of us sat together, with extra seats on our row so Caden could roam and have his own space, and there were lots of seats all around us. Normally I would have felt super guilty for seating in seats that I didn't pay for, but we TRIED to buy tickets for the area we sat in and the stadium wouldn't let us. I don't know if they had given away a bunch of tickets (I don't think season ticket holders would be up where we were) or what, but it ended up working out just fine and we enjoyed the game.

Ticket soap box aside, we had a ton of fun with our friends coming down! This weekend we're heading back to Purdue for graduation and are excited to see many friends there. We are just trying to enjoy these mini adventures while it is much more convenient. As much as I may whine to Jess about the discomforts caused by "baby brother", he is MUCH easier to take care of at the moment. No matter how poorly I might sleep at night, it is more sleep than I'm going to get for a while!

1 comment:

The Broderick Family Blog said...

Yay! You are now in Ohio! We will have to plan a get together sometime after our babies come. :) You are looking awesome, by the way! And Caden is so grown up! He's a handsome man!