Okay, after looking at everyone else's blogs for the last hour or so, I felt like I should at least post a thought. Jess and I have not been up to much lately. Jess is enjoying not having school or work, and I am enjoying him being home. To come home after working 12+ hours and have the kitchen and living room cleaned, dinner on the table (with fresh, beautiful flowers, I might add) and the laundry headed in the same direction, is Heaven on Earth!! He has taken to his stay-at-home husband position quite nicely. That and being Elder's Quorum President is keeping him plenty busy!
Part of the reason he is being so good is because I won't cook anymore. Well, maybe I could now. For those that I haven't told yet- WE'RE EXPECTING!! And boy, have I been sick! I thought last pregnancy when I miscarried at 13 weeks I was sick, but that was cake compared to what I've felt this time around. Zofran is my newest best friend. I'm 14 1/2 weeks now, and not as sick as I have been, but cooking is still far from okay. So Jess knows if he wants to eat, he has to cook. It has worked out pretty well, because I don't mind having to go to work if I can come home and have everything else done for me, which I do right now! Yes, I know I am super spoiled, but I can love it without too much guilt right now.
I am just grateful that Jess has time to figure out all of the stuff with us moving to Indiana this summer/fall and I don't have to worry about it. I love you, honey!!
11 comments:
Congrats! I'm a huge fan of Zofran, too. I wasn't too sick with Cameron (he's 2 now), but I was a bit sicker this time around-- I'm due in about 8 weeks with a girl.
Good luck with everything!!
Melissa, I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage last time and excited you are expecting again! Congrats! Zofran is so fabulous! Huge fan. My nausea went away around 16 wks and I started cooking again around 20 wks. Hang in there!
Congratulations on expecting Melissa and Jess!
Mel,
I'm SOoooooooooooooooo happy for you!
Oh my gosh, Melissa! That is so great!!! I'm so happy for you guys. And, coming from the other end of the same spectrum (having a stay-at-home-husband while almost done with being pregnant) I have to agree, it's pretty nice!
This is Elizabeth Anderson, btw... hope you don't mind me blog-stalking, ;)
Congrats again! Good luck with the nausea - hopefully it will let up soon!
You are getting closer to 16 weeks!I can't wait to hear what yoy are having!
Melissa! I totally spy on your blog too! Im so sorry you've been so sick! During my first pregnancy I was sooo sick and no one ever told me about Zofran and now I hear about it all the time! This pregnancy hasn't been as bad. I'm so excited for you! Babies are the best! I hope you start to feel better soon!
Yea Melissa! That is wonderful that you are pregnant! I know you guys had to wait a long time so this must be a wonderful relief! (Even if you feel yucky). Hopefully the nausea will let up soon. I thankfully never vomitted, but I sure felt sick for a while. But it subsided significantly about a month or two ago(I'm 20 weeks now). Hang in there! 2nd trimester is usually a LOT better than 1st!
Congratulations! We're not even going to be able to see the baby before you leave. Maybe you should stay a little longer. Just tell Purdue that you're on your way. They can wait for quality students.
this is a little late....but CONGRATS! So excited to hear about your little bean! Hopefully you start feeling better super soon! Congrats on Purdue, too! That's awesome!
Post a Comment